The Collins View Neighborhood has taken a lead role in conjunction with TriMet and the college.
A working group is forming to
- give ideas to TriMet for increasing the attractiveness of the route
- seek technical advice from TriMet on the feasibility of route alternatives
- develop and evaluate alternate routes
- enumerate consider the problems of terrain and location.
- enumerate the contraints of service (labor union rules) and street network.
- explore synergies between the neighborhood and college needs, the business community, and the public resources.
- give feedback to TriMet on ideas they may have for the service area
The working group consists of, at times:
- L&C: Several community members, including students and staff.
- L&C: Mark Morgan, Parking and Transportation Director.
- L&C: David Ellis, VP.
- Collins View: Charlie Weiss, John Miller, Prakash Joshi.
- Multnomah: Zachary Horowitz.
- South Burlingame: Marti Long.
- Hillsdale: Bill Joseph, Jr.
- TriMet: Jon Joseph, Dan Marchand, Patty Fink.
- PDOT: Hannah Kuhn.
- Also: Leonard Gaard, SWNI Landuse Co-ordinator
Should TriMet decide to change the current route #39, TriMet, the college, and the neighborhoods will promote the new route with residents, businesses, students, etc. More on this later in the process.