The Street Sweepers™
Tired of something you see in your neighborhood or community?
Expect the City to take care of it?
Consider doing something about it yourself!
Go sweep the gravel off the shoulder where it's a road hazard for everyone.
Pick up litter on the beach, on the street.
Bring people together, seek permission, if necessary, to correct a situation.
Here are some examples. Each example will eventually have a full page.
- Drain Keepers — Keep a Storm Drain open anf flowing — be a [Drain Keeper]
- Path Keepers — Lobelia Path and other Southwest Trails. 
- Street Sweepers — This is more than Sweeping your Street. 
Trail Keepers — Trailkeepers of Oregon enhances our Oregon hiking experience.
- Sign Keepers — Preserving Pedestrian ROW and Access 
- Bus Stoppers — People piling dog shit bags on the ashcan at a bus stop.
- Cart Shaggers — Arnie the Cart Tsar
shags grocery carts back to the Store or suitable pickup site. 
- Ivy Pullers — Foot Patrollers — The Friends of River View Natural Area
- Graffiti Removers — folks that go around and neutralize graffiti as it appears..
The Broken Window and Graffiti effect
on SouthwestCommunity ConnectioN.
- I-5 On-Ramp Park — A piece of
Scattered Eden. Plant some
- Litter Patrollers — The Usual Suspects meet every 1st Saturday.
Rick is working with a group called
to put forward a city ordinance that says anyone can take down illegal
About the name 'The Street Sweepers'
wrote a series of influential books:
The Waste Makers,
The Hidden Persuaders,
The Status Seekers,
The Pyramid Climbers,
The People Shapers.
Note about 'Anthem' by Ayn Rand, where Equality 7-2521 is assigned his vocation, Streep Sweeper.
Note about sweeping the parking lot at EAST VALLEY THRIFT STORE in the 1960's.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. — Margaret Mead
The Street Sweepers is NOT associated with the Promise Keepers or Oath Keepers!
The Trademark™ on Street Sweepers is a joke. :^)